Hunting Product Almost Kills Hunter!

Steve Small recently posted a warning in the Hunting Pennsylvania Closed Group Facebook group.

He has said a heater almost gave him carbon monoxide poisoning! I wanted to pass this along to all the hunters out there that use these heaters in hunting blinds. Please be safe! here is what he said.

 

WARNING for buddy heater users!!! Ended up in the ER for a visit due to CO poisoning. Be very cautious with these in a blind. Quick story….last Saturday, zero degrees with the smoke pole. Me and a buddy nestled in a pop up. After an hour and a half, he left to do a slow drive, I stayed with the heater nice and close, hogging it to myself now! Smaller cracks in the blind now too. It was COLD. He returned an hour or so later and we left. I stood up and fell on my face. Dizzy, disoriented, wobbly. Sucked in some ice cold fresh air for a few hours as the symptoms worsened. After puking twice at home, made the trip to the ER for oxygen. These heaters claim to burn 99% free, but I’ll tell you differently. Took a couple days to re-coup fully. Scary looking back!!! You don’t see it coming.

 

No automatic alt text available.